this is a potential smu-ers event. those interested, pls comment/ tag.
me deb yz eug and rach are interested! we can send in more than 1 team and get each other drunk :)
11th March 2008
Please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your team name
- Names of all your members
- A team leader’s name and contact number
Once your registration has been confirmed, please make the payment of $18/team at
A full 24-bottle crate of Heineken worth $ 132
You’ll be drinking in each round you go through, so even if you don’t win the Heineken crate……..trust us, you’ll still be drinking a lot of beer.
(the früjch way)
2 Teams per game
2 OR MORE players in a team
1 Ping Pong ball
6/10/ 15 cups filled half-way with beer on each side
(For formation of cups on table, see “ Competition Structure”)
HOW TO PLAY
1. Teams roll dice. Highest number rolled starts (i.e. TEAM A)
2. TEAM A member attempts to throw/bounce a ping pong ball into the TEAM B’s
set of cups
3. If the ball lands in any cup, a TEAM B player must remove that cup and drink it.
TEAM A then takes another turn (rotates to next TEAM A member).
4. If the ball fails to land in any cup, it becomes the TEAM B’s turn.
5. The game continues until one team’s set of cups is wiped out. The team that still has filled cups
wins the round.
ie--> team whose cups finish first loses
§ Participants must stand behind the demarcation when taking their turn to throw/bounce the ball.
§ Throwing hand should not be extended beyond edge of the table
§ If the ball is bounced into the cup, 2 cups are to be drunk.
§ The cup that the ball landed in + 1 other cup (chosen by the attacking team)is to be drunk
§ If the ball is thrown(lobbed) into the cup, 1 cup is drunk.
§ NO SWATTING IS ALLOWED
§ If a ball rolls off/lands on the floor, it must be dunked into the wash cup at the side of the table before the game is resumed.
§ Teams MUST rotate their members with each consecutive turn they have
§ No offensive name-calling or overtly threatening behavior will be permitted.
There will be preliminaries, semi-finals and finals.
Winning team: 3 points
Losing team: 0 points
If there is a tie, both teams get 1 point each.
At the end of 5 minutes, the team with more cups left is considered the winner.